Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Close-out Distribution Of Surplus Salvage Electronics

Surplus salvage electronics can be very lucrative or cause one to become very ill. I remember when I purchased my first truckload of surplus electronics. I was very green at that time. Ripe pick'in for bottom feeding trading companies. My first truckload of surplus salvage electronics was fifteen pallets of Sears liquidation inventory. At that time I only knew that some items might not be in perfect working order.
I was told sometimes an electronic item might be missing a cable . The merchandise sometimes is not in original packaaging. Maybe it does not have a remote control. Some of the electronics are discontinued models.Display models are part of these surplus salvage truckloads of electronics. I was told these things before I purchased my first truckload of liqquidation electronics.
So I paid 25% of wholesale cost for the truckload of SAeqars surplus salvage electronics. Then the truck arrives. We unloaded the pallets of surplus electronics. First appearence it looked very nice. When I started testing is when I became ill.It took 3 or 4 of each item to make one working complete unit. I paid 25% of $40,000 . .....$10,000 cash in advance plus $895 for shipping. It took three months of hard work to fix everything and sell the salvage electronics. The total of all merchandise sold was $9,800. Three months of work and I lost $$1,095 . That was a valuable lesson .
Since then I have found direct sources ,learned to inspect before i buy. I learned the difference between salvage,surplus,overstock,closeouts,shelf pulls and returned merchandise. These conditions matter. Especially when buying surplus electronics,
After that first truckload od salvage electronics I have made a lot of money on electronics. I all ways inspect and get the right price.

No comments: